Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    24 hours in the Philippines

    January 4, 2023 on the Philippines ⋅ 🌙 4 °C

    We left our Bali accomodation at 5.30am on Wednesday morning. Mum came to see us off and we had coffee together before we checked in. To our surprise (sarcasm intended) our flight was delayed by 3 hours and then we circled Manila airport on arrival as the air traffic was so bad. Longest 3 hour flight ever - not a good start.
    Once we had landed, the ground traffic was even worse. It took us around an hour to get to our hotel. We finally arrived in Manila late on Wednesday night, we grabbed a bite to eat from the rooftop restaurant and then went off to bed.

    Since we only had 24 hours in Manila, I had planned a full day of sight seeing. Disappointingly, the weather was so rubbish we decided on a late start. We started researching the rest of the Philippines and realised that the weather was unseasonably crappy just about everywhere. Island hopping in the sun just wasn’t going to happen - so we decided to can the Philippines and head to Japan!

    We spent the rest of the day and night frantically shopping for warm clothes (we won’t be needing our swimmers for Japan in winter!) at second hand stores. We got some cheap flights using Qantas points and boarded our plane at 1am on Friday!
    Read more