Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 242

    Capetown, South Africa

    19 de agosto de 2023, Sudáfrica ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Our last stop for South Africa was Cape Town, which was a few hours drive from George. We are staying in an Airbnb close by the V&A waterfront, which is essentially the tourist (and safest) area in Cape Town.

    On our first day in Cape Town, we explored the waterfront area and did some shopping. The shopping is very similar to Port Elizabeth but much more expensive. Never the less, we spent the day exploring the different shopping centres. Mum bought a few things, but I might wait until we get back to Johannesburg.

    The next day, we got up early to do a hop on hop off wine tram tour. We headed out to Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. There, we boarded a bus and then a tram and toured around the wineries. We tasted lots of different wines and ate lots of platters. It’s was a delicious day!

    The next day we had planned to visit Robben island, which was where Nelson Mandela had been imprisoned for 17 years before becoming the president of South Africa. Unfortunately it was cancelled and rescheduled (then cancelled again), so we weren’t able to go out there. Instead we did a drive around Table Mountain and Lion’s Head. We never caught the cable car up the mountain because of the thick cloud cover, but the views from half way up the mountain were beautiful.

    On our final day in Cape Town the weather was really cold, windy and rainy but we still needed to see the penguins and Boulders beach. So we drove out via Chapman’s peak, which is an amazing coastal road, built into the side of a cliff. We decided not to get out of the car at Boulder’s beach as the weather was so terrible. So we drove to a hillside vantage point and were able to see the penguins from there.

    In the afternoon, we took mum to get her Yellow Fever injection incase we decide to go to Kenya.
    Leer más