Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    DRIVING AROUND AND A SIP AND SEE

    March 3, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    We got up drove around to some old haunts in Shreveport. We drove north of town to see where Debbie and Andy lived in Shreveport and we also went by some landmarks in the downtown area. We were late getting to the Sip and See, because when I told Siri to give me directions to "Millbank" she misunderstood and took us to "Milam" Street, which is definitely in the Hood in Shreveport. We arrived about 20 minutes late, but all was well.

    We saw the new grandson, James and sat around visiting with Linda and Jerry and some of Rena's family. We had to leave at 3:30 p.m. to attend 4:00 Mass at the Cathedral of St. John Berchman, where Danny was baptized. Kay met us at the church and attended Mass with us. Unfortunately, the priest celebrating the Mass was grim and grouchy! Thank goodness, that is not the norm for Catholic priests.

    After Mass, Kay wanted us to drop her off at her place so she could leave her car there. We did this and then went to pick Dorothy up. Kay wanted us to stop at Kroger so she could pay Arlena’s bills by money order and this took quite a few minutes. We were already late to meet up with Linda, Jerry and Mom at Jan’s Seafood. Adding to this was that we missed our exit for I-20, and that further delayed us. We finally got there. The fish and oysters were not as good as we expected, but it was nice visiting and talking with everyone.

    After dinner we took Dorothy and Kay back home and then returned to the Residence Inn.

    A busy day.
    Read more