Satellite
  • Day 64

    Ko Kut, Thailand

    February 25, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    For our last week in SE Asia we wanted to unwind and enjoy one of Thailand's many beautiful beaches. We chose Koh Kood and Koh Chang since they were relatively close from Cambodia as well as to Bangkok where we were flying out of. Koh Kood was the first stop, a more remote and quiet island compared to the larger Koh Chang island.

    Getting there required a 5AM departure, 3 different taxis, a ferry, and another infamous border crossing, but it was totally worth it when we arrived on the beach for sunset after a 12 hour journey!

    We didn't do much on Koh Kood other than snorkel, eat, drink, and relax. The snorkeling from our resort was surprisingly good. We saw lots of coral, fish, sea urchins, a pufferfish, a stingray, a cuttlefish, an octopus, and crabs. We also went scuba diving for 2 dives one of the days. The coral, small fish, and colors were all very nice but we didn't see quite as much as we have on some other dives in the past. Either way it's always a peaceful experience to see the ocean below and experience nature the way that very few get to enjoy.

    Koh Kood might be one of the few remote islands left in Thailand and we were glad to be able to enjoy the pristine blue waters almost all to ourselves! Oh and it cost less than any 3 day beach vacation in the US.
    Read more