Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Berlin

    August 19, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Berlin.. I loved it there but to this day i am not sure why I enjoyed it so much. Was it because of what the city had to provide? or was it the long awaited reunion with my friends?

    It was a big reunion with my friends who I met in Halifax in the winter of 2016. We all decided to meet someday before they said their goodbyes as they were exchange students. We all flew from different countries to meet up in Berlin. From Canada, Finland, France and Australia. It was almost unbelievable that we could have had this reunion only after a year and a half after we last saw each other. What a great time we had. It was like we left each other only a couple of months ago. It took us all less than a day to adjust and then it was just like it was back in the winter of 2016.

    Berlin as a city is what we could expect of any other capital/big city. A lot of diversity and a lot of places to go. It was really interesting to see the Berlin wall. All the history, thinking about what it was like not so long ago... and what it has become now. East Side Gallery was one of my favourite. We also visited the Bunker in which Hitler allegedly shot himself.

    We tried to see as much as we can in the 3 days we were there in which we took a trip to Neukölln as well, infamous for its high number of immigrants, which i wanted to visit as I wanted to see the other side of Berlin and also the 'Ghettos of Berlin' as mentioned by Bushido- one of my favourite rappers. And not to forget the 3 Euro Döners haha..
    Read more