Satellite
  • Day 4

    The Narrows

    October 23, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 54 °F

    Saturday morning we geared up at Zion Outfitters with dry pants, neoprene socks, boots, and wooden walking sticks for the Zion Narrows hike. We arrived at the Temple of Sinawava around 11 am and started the mile walk on the Riverside Trail to the start of the Narrows.

    After finally making it to the river we stepped in and felt our boots flood with water. The neoprene socks kept our feet warm but the experience felt like putting your foot in one of those Water Wiggle/ Slippery Tube toys made popular in the 90s.

    After giggling about the feeling we were on our way, criss crossing the river from bank to bank. It was quite difficult at times due to the size of rocks and the current in the shallow portions of the river. Going upstream was a challenge.

    We made it about a quarter of the way in before we stopped for lunch and then Dan and Jill turned around since Jill's ankle was hurting.

    Ryan and I kept going. We were determined to go as far as possible until we had to turn around to meet Dan and Jill for dinner.

    We had finally made it to Orderville Canyon for the start of Wall Street. We continued for another half hour or and turned around. We didn't know how long it would take us to get back to the shuttle stop. It turned out that it only took us about half the time to hike down the Narrows as it had going up river.
    Read more