Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    On the way to Pleven

    March 4, 2020 in Bulgaria ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    One more.

    While Alex was driving and her sister and mother were having a chat in the back seat, Arno was given the task to solve some weirdly shaped Rubic's cube puzzles.

    ==============

    This trip was a mix of everything! We did some sightseeing on the Bulgarian fortresses and caves. We experienced the holiday of Baba Marta and we were wearing martenitsi during the trip ✌️We watched the Sound and Light show at the Tsarevets fortress for the National holiday of Bulgaria.
    We were invited to three birthday parties 🎉🎉🎉 On the first day of our holiday, we were invited to Alex's sister Tedi's birthday party at the Nepalese restaurant Gurkha. On Friday the next week, we went to Illiyana's birthday party at 65 Fireflies and on Wednesday the week after we spent a lovely morning and pizza lunch for Cveti's birthday. Sadly because of the start of the Coronavirus pandemic, we couldn't have a bigger celebration.
    We also managed to spend some time with Alex's family and we went together to The Rila Monastery and Samokov. We spent a few days of peace and quiet (and some kids screams) at a SPA hotel in Velingrad with the young families of Cveti and Illy.
    We finished the trip with a day of isolation in Sofia due to the spread of the pandemic. Luckily, our flight home was not canceled although just two days after all fights and train rides were canceled and all European borders were closed.
    Read more