Satellite
  • Day 100

    Terrigal and Blue Mountains

    January 19, 2020 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 22 °C

    We had arranged to be with Dom and Christine between 4-5. We spent yesterday doing laundry etc, today we simply had to get to the Blue Mountains on time.

    We met Dom & Christine in Greece last year on the island of Koufonisia. Our paths crossed as we walked around the islands and we spent an evening having dinner with them and then a drink in a bar afterwards. They said to look them up if we were in the area, so we did. The idea of dropping in for a cuppa has turned into spending as long as we like with them. In reality, they are petty much strangers, so it will be interesting spending time with them. Dom is a great source of information and together we have worked out an itinerary.

    We set off down the coast to Forresters Beach, drove through it and on to Terrigal for no reason other than it was on the way. I found a coffee shop, that had a musician playing, where we both had coffee and then Bun went to look around the town while I enjoyed the music, scenery and another coffee.

    We set off to the Blue Mountains, meeting lots of Sunday afternoon traffic and then a long haul up to mountains, did make Bertha puff a bit.

    Christine had very kindly made our bed up for us with Union Jack bedding.
    Read more