Satellite
  • Day 123

    Family time at Barwon Head

    February 11, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Carole (Bun’s sister) arranges a family holiday for her adult children and their families each year. Barwon Head is a popular place for them to holiday. We stayed 15 mins walk away, in a caravan park, so that everyone has space. We spent most days and evenings with them. The weather was generally a bit miserable, overcast, windy and drizzle; that was a bit disappointing. We took a few opportunities to go to the beach. The youngest generation (14m to 8yrs) didn’t feel the cold as they all had short wetsuits, not so good for Bun and I.

    We left Barwon Head on Saturday and drove back to Mount Macedon to stay at our friends’ house while they are away. The rain has left some roads flooded and the verges waterlogged.

    We planned to go and watch the film “Picnic at Hanging Rock” open air at Hanging Rock but the weather was atrocious, wind and rain. We decided to go to the pub for a meal instead.

    We have been well looked after by one of the near neighbours who has known Kerry for very many years. We also have he offer of a beach house near Apollo Bay along the Great Ocean Road, that should be good.

    The weather is a brighter but much cooler than we have been used to and we have been wearing jumpers and fleeces, but kept shorts other than going out for dinner.

    Today is bright sunshine and expected 27C. There is a saying in Melbourne, “if you don’t like the weather, wait 10 minutes”. It changes very fast so not sure how reliable the f’casts are.

    We are now heading into Melbourne to see what is there.
    Read more