Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 21

    Onwards to France!

    21. august 2023, Frankrig ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    Yesterday was our last day with our friends at Lake Como and we had a relaxing day in Gravedona. They took us to the Sailing Club on the lake where we lay in the sun and later had lunch. Back at their home we did some admin work on the computer before packing our bags for the next day.
    Last night was a memorable evening. Kris cooked a typical and delicious Italian eggplant pasta served with cold meats and cheese antipasto. The evening sunset views over the lake were beautiful as we chatted while listening to a range of Andre Bocelli music. A great way to round off our lovely stay here in Italy.
    Today we picked up our E-Vai car-sharing electric car and drove to Milan Malpensa airport. A hot day but thankfully in the air conditioned car, and the route we took was along the western shores of Lake Como. Lovely scenery!
    Then it was off to Terminal 2 for our easyJet flight to Bordeaux in France.
    Our plans to meet up with our friends Peter & Lou on their lovely canal boat experienced a bit of a hiccup earlier in the week. Plan A was to meet them in Bordeaux and spend the next 9 days slowly cruising eastwards on the Garonne River, the Lot River, and the Canal Lateral à La Garonne finishing up in Toulouse. However last week a large commercial barge smashed into the doors of one of the large locks on the Garonne River severely damaging the lock and putting it out of action. Since then no boats have been able to travel on the Garonne River until this lock is fixed. So Pete & Lou have not been able to get to Bordeaux and our cruise plans have had to change.
    Plan B now is for us to meet Pete & Lou on their boat at Carcassonne. This means us flying to Bordeaux as scheduled but staying overnight tonight because the flight gets into Bordeaux too late to catch the train to Carcassonne. Early tomorrow morning we will catch the train and meet up with our friends in Carcassonne around 10am. The cruise route we take after that is up to our friends to work out but we hope that in 9 days we will still be back in Toulouse to start the journey back home to Brisbane.
    Today the flight was uneventful and we arrived OK in Bordeaux on time and finally reached our hotel at 9:00pm.
    Another early start tomorrow with the alarm is set for 5am. It’s going to be another hot day so we hope the train journey goes well. We are looking forward to seeing our friends and relaxing as we cruise the canals of France.
    Læs mere