Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    DAY 21 - Prague (Butterflies & Sunsets)

    September 12, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Our preparation for our early check-out was interrupted by an even earlier cleaner. Once checked out, we went down to the coffee shop to burn some time before saying goodbye to Sean and Zoe. We headed up to our new apartment where we could thankfully drop off our luggage before check-in.

    While waiting for our formal check-in, we visited the Papilonia Butterfly House. The butterflies loved Scott's bright blue shit and yellow hat. More often than not, Scott had multiple butterflies on him. There was a group in the butterfly house that impressed that they took their own photos of it. Unfortunately, Meg wasn't as big of a hit with the butterflies.

    On the way back to the apartment, we grabbed some ramen noodles to cook at the apartment. We also detoured past Apple to grab some air tags (after hearing about Niki's luggage issues) and Vodafone to grab a sim for Scott.

    After non-stop running around, we relaxed in the apartment for a few hours. It was such a relief to us both that it actually had air conditioning.

    Feeling refreshed, we went for a walk towards Riegrovy Sady (Rieger Gardens) to watch the sunset. We found a nice spot of the hill, and Scott went on a mission to find some water. On his walk, he found a beer garden with alcohol and food vans, and music playing. We sat down and watched the sunset over the beautiful city of Prague (even if a family ruined Scott's time-lapse video).

    We spent the rest of the evening in the beer garden enjoying a few drinks and some tasty food. This was a perfect way to finish off our time in Prague. Tomorrow, we are off to Amsterdam.
    Read more