Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Cool Wheels dude!

    July 18, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    This morning after breakfast, Andrew and I went for a walk to the Harrison. In the garage at the back, he has parked his '55 MG which he restored himself. We took it for a spin in town and along the waterfront. The car was fabulous to ride in and many heads turned. Upon returning to the Ashley Rose, he took each child for a ride around the block. He is officially Cool Uncle Andrew!

    Then we drove (in the regular cars) to Beach Plum Farm which was a short drive out of town. It is a small farm specialising in Beach Plums, herbs and eggs. We walked around and fed the chickens and looked at the pigs. This farm provides ingredients for the restaurants at Congress Hall in town. It was beautifully set up and quite nice to visit. Andrew thinks I could create my own version in my back yard. Build it and they will come!

    On our way back into town, Andrew let me have a go at driving the Tesla. It was quite a different experience. Although the pedals are in the same place, the gear lever was on the steering column. Also, when you take your foot off the accelerator, it immediately applies the brake. That was a little disconcerting. Then Andrew showed me how to use auto pilot. I took my foot off the accelerator and my hands off the wheel and the car drove itself! That was really freaky! It was hard to do and quite nerve racking even though I realised that the car was better at driving than I was. The display on the dash shows you where you are in the lane so it was a bit easier for me to stay in the middle once I got used to it. Driving the Tesla was fun. It is the future of driving.

    Back in town we visited and arts and crafts market and then had a lovely lunch.
    Read more