Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 3

    Day 3

    6 april, Zuid-Afrika ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Visits to the Ebenezer Children's home run by
    where we were entertained by the various aged children with their recited passages from memory energetic dancing and beautiful singing with one of the children leading with a voice that was memorable. We applauded each performance which the children enjoyed encouraging others to take part as they grew in confidence at the chance of performing .
    They ended teaching a song with actions in English and Zulu .The children departed off to their lesson...
    We had a short presentation on the project that are supported to improve the lives of their children aiming to give the children confidence self esteem and self worth .
    We left as the progressing netball game was in progress with a burst ball !
    Onwards to the wher science and maths is being taught by Dorothy an inspirational lady who saw the need for children to be given the opportunity to learn the basics in science and maths in order to develop critical thinking in order to progress through life .
    Resources were in short supply but the teacher was resourceful.
    Lunch
    Onto deliver food packages to families and see their shelter one room for 12 children one blanket on a stone floor and their belongings all neatly stacked against the bare wall
    Noticeable and thought provoking were the 3 school shirts washed and on a hanging nail for the children who attend school . This particular family were then informed that they were having a house built for them in August by a group of Girl guides
    The face of the Grandma ,said it all as tears welled and she
    went into a little dance of gratitude with a small baby tied with muslin on her back .
    Called into a busy market Spar for supplies including several bags of delicious cashew nuts
    ...think we made the market holders day!
    Meer informatie