Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Charlotte airport

    November 12, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 43 °F

    Arrived to mid 40’s temps and rainy. Took about 30 minutes to pass through customs check - that’s always fun. Do you have any food that you are bringing in? Uh, yes, we have a 10 lb Iberian ham that is getting rather stinky. Would that be an issue?

    Out to the ground transportation area which is sort of a mob scene of confusion (they have a lot of construction going on at the airport - no one knows for sure what they are doing). Climb on the bus - total madness - people sitting on top of people. Woman with tiny baby carrying enormous amts of luggage that have to be offloaded at each stop so others can get out and then reloaded. How she was managing all this on her own, is beyond me. A tough cookie.

    We finally get out - get to the car - it starts! $72 later, we are out of the airport and driving through the dark and rain and construction of I-77 going home. Hard to see the lanes in the dark - not exactly what you want to come home to. At least it was a Sunday, but nonetheless, traffic was heavy. Got most of the way home and then went over a bump of some sort which must have slightly dislodged side door and the inside lights came on, with the alarm going off constantly - so we finally managed to pull over and get that tamed.

    Back home to see the cats have survived and are quite talkative. Good news - was worried about Willow - who is getting older and thinner. But she’s tough and hung in there!
    Read more