Satellite
  • Day 41

    Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

    October 14, 2015 in Zimbabwe ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Our short trip across the border landed us in Victoria Falls Backpackers where we availed of the swimming pool and cooking facilities with the sounds of the water of Victoria Falls in the background. On Sunday night, there were very different sounds to be heard around the hostel, as we watched the Ireland v France rugby world cup match. The screams and shouts coming from the four of us during the tense game, caused quiet a scene around the place. The owners probably regretted allowing us to take over the television!!
    The next day we made our walked down to the Victoria Falls, where we posed for photos with amazing views in the background. We wandered around the National Park, taking in the beautiful sites and sounds of the Falls.
    Next stop for us is a flight to Johannesburg in South Africa with Air Zimbabwe. After taking a trip to their offices in the town yesterday, to enquire about checking in our luggage, we were told that the flight had been changed to two hours earlier and with an added stopover in Bulawago. No emails had been sent to notify any of us of these changes. Hopefully there won't be other people who miss their flight due to this lack of communication! But as we keep saying, it's all part of the African experience!!
    Read more