Satellite
  • Day 160

    Potrero

    July 12, 2017 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    After a pounding ear infection, a flat tyre, an amazing chocolate chip muffin 🤤 and SIX hours of driving only 100km we f i n a l l y made it to Playa Potrero which is on the Pacific coast in Guancaste.

    Guancaste is the province in the north at the border with Nicaragua and is known for having the best beaches in Costa Rica.

    One of first our full day we walked to Playa Flamingo - called that because of the 'pink' sand on the beach. This was a huge anticlimax. The sand might have had a pink tinge to it but I'm not even sure if I really did or I was pretending it did to justify the 45min walk there. We ate at Coco Loco which is right on the beach and does amazing coconut cocktails. Gracias.

    In the evening there was an amazing sunset on the beach with a glass of wine. The sky turned purple it was incredible.

    The second day was a pool/ food/ watching orange is the new black in the room, waiting for the rain to pass day and then another sunset - which all in all was pretty nice. I'm enjoying the chilled vibe here.

    We also did a catamaran sunset cruise where you could go snorkelling. The snorkelling wasn't amazing but we did see two turtles in the wild and we had a really nice day.

    On the last day we went to Playa Conchal which was the nicest beach by far. It was our last day together and we had a nice lunch and afternoon on the beach. In the evening we watched the final sunset and then had dinner at the sailing club on the beach. It was a really nice way to end another amazing holiday.

    We got up early the next day and I was dropped off in Liberia to catch the bus to the border town of Penas Blancas. It was really sad to say goodbye to mum and Rosy as we couldn't have had a better holiday in a nicer plan, but today essentially marks two months until I'm back in England so I've got to the make the most of my time left.
    Read more