Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Off to the big city

    August 17, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Today, we started the day with a strange feeling. Yesterday, I switched off the mobile phone, woke up in the night. To look after the time, I started the mobile phone. Bähm... I entered the wrong pin. So, I switched off again and tried it in the morning.
    Bähm... also in the morning I entered the wrong pin again.
    The third time I was so sure. This is it. Bähm... "You entered a wrong pin three times. So, the mobile phone will be locked. Shit, shit, shit... That cannot be true...

    So, because we didn't achieved somebody at home, we had to check out at 10:15 a.m. and drove to the airport. Without taking photos, without playing games on the mobile for Michael...

    Departure from Jersey was planned for 1:50 p.m. Due to very bad weather conditions in London we departed at 2:50 p.m. Arrival at London after a turbulenced flight was at 3:45 p.m.
    There was so much rain there and chaos so that we had to wait in the aircraft for further half an hour. After the busses arrived at the runway there was no steps to went out. So we had to further wait again...
    After preparing the steps a few minutes ago we left the aircraft by heavy rain. So we got wet from top to bottom.

    The Heathrow Express was found quikly, we bought a ticket for 38 pounds (return ticket). After a short journey with three stops we arrived at Paddington Station. It was so crowded, I regret leaving Jersey for this trip to London. Everything was so easy in Jersey, so relaxed. London was crowded, confusing, loud and dirty.
    But we learned that due to that bad weather conditions there was closed a few tube stations and the people gathered en masse everywhere.

    My phone didn't still work so I couldn't took any photos from the crowd.
    Read more