Satellite
  • Day 25

    Lunch and an afternoon cruise

    October 23, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Lunch was an American Thai buffet so taste was limited, however the chicken noodle soup had plenty of chili flakes and options to add flavour and it was very tasty.

    Next up we headed out on a river cruise around town down the river on a small boat. The cruise took us all the way up the main part of the river and then turned down into the canal for a close up look at the inner parts of the city.

    There are many other boats out and lots of tourists being taken on modified long boats with essentially a hot car engine powering them. The chop on the river from these made our trip even more exciting. The Sunday traffic was pretty laid back and we had a great time waving out to the locals and seeing them smile as we passed by fisherman, kids swimming, locals on ferry boats and even lunch cruises. The amount of cat fish near one of the temples was amazing and we were given food to get them to come to the surface.

    Unfortunately we didn't find much in the way of free WiFi so didn't get the days photos uploaded. We will get them uploaded once we reach Singapore.
    Read more