衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日18

    May 9 Glenfinnan & Mallaig

    5月9日, スコットランド ⋅ 🌫 11 °C

    Leisurely start to the day. After overnight rain we woke to low cloud and a bit of drizzle. We drove the short distance from the camp to the Glenfinnan Viaduct arriving about 9.30 am. The Jacobite steam train also known as the Hogwarts Express from when it featured in the Harry Potter movies is scheduled to cross the viaduct at 10.45 am each morning. Although we were early it wasn't long before the carpark was full and people were walking miles to get back to the viaduct in time. Unfortunately the steam engine which we saw yesterday was out of action for the day and was replaced by a dirty old diesel engine. However it was still a great sight and worth the effort in clambering up the hill to the viaduct.
    After a coffee back in the motorhome we trundled on out to the seaside port of Mallaig which is the base for ferries to the outer islands and where we had originally planned to cross to Skye today. There was a very log sea fog which we meant that we couldn't even see across to Skye. We wandered around town and bought a wee highland coo named Finlay before enjoying a very nice lunch of fish and chips with a glass of Rose.
    In the harbour at Mallaig we saw a Cavalier 32 looking right at home even though it was built at Salthouse Brothers in Greenhithe. Bought back some very fond memories.
    We then trundled back to our camp in Fort William for a bit of a catch up on emails, bills etc.
    もっと詳しく