Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 19

    May 10 Inverness

    10. maj, Skotland ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    We set the alarm for 7 am and were on the road before 9 am which was quite good going for us. It is light until after 10 pm and then light again in the mornings before 5. We seem to be going to bed late and sleeping in which is not like me.
    As we left Fort William Ben Nevis poked it's head through the clouds.
    We travelled up the shores of Loch Lochy and then through Fort Augusta where the Caledonian Canal joins Loch Lochy to Loch Ness by a series of Locks. (Way too many Lochs/locks in that sentence.)
    From there we stopped at Invermoriston to see the beautiful old stone bridge and then carried on up the shores of Loch Ness to Inverness. No sign of Nessie. We tried to stop and get a photo of Urquhart Castle but it seems that if you don't have a ticket you can't even get into the carpark.
    We were able to get into our camp early so set up and the wandered along the banks of the River Ness into town for a late lunch and a look around. On the way back we stopped for a drink and a cheese board and then wandered slowly back to the camp for an earlier night in preparation for a big day tomorrow.
    Læs mere