Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 452–457

    Amazonas Part 1

    3 dicembre 2023, Brasile ⋅ 🌩️ 27 °C

    Already being in Brazil my parents decided to visit the Amazonas in Manaus. Finally feeling at home at Vinis parents I didn't feel like travelling again but I decided to join my family as I was curious about the rainforest and I wanted to spend more time with my parents. The travelling was exhausting but it was totally worth it! We had a great time with many laughters and discovered a lot in peacful Amazonas.

    * left Caxias at 11pm and arrived at our lodge at 5pm the next day - 2x✈️ 3x🚙 2x🚤
    * stayed at a floating lodge in a hidden sidearm of rio Juma
    * lying in the hamocks, observing dolphins, reading or sleeping was our main activity between the excursions
    * jungle hike with a lot of sweat, unknown plants & trees, some monkeys & learning how to braid with palmtree leaves (all the houses are covered by theses waterproof leaves)
    * piranha fishing was for sure a highlight. Not because of fishing but all the laughters 😂
    * kayman spotting at night. What an experience floating on the peacful river at night, watching the stars, listening to the sounds of the jungle and spotting the 🐊. The peace was gone and the screaming/laughing started when we got attacked by the fishes jumping into the boat 😂
    * visiting a school from the outside (they are on holidays since mid october and they will last till february!!), hearing about the terrible school system and the problems behind (mostly corrupt politicians). Next to the school is a small house for medical care. No doctor available only a nurse some hours a day. You better don't have an emergency because the fastest way to the hospital in Manaus is by boat and car and takes 3-4h!!
    * visiting a local family. They are mostly self suficcient and have a huge garden full of fruits and food. Main food they eat is tapioca, gained from roots.
    * sunrise boat tour before breakfast
    * leaving the lodge with heat a sunshine, getting soaked & cold by a sudden rainstorm, arriving back home no more weat because of the rain but again covered in sweat 😆
    * surprisingely almost no mosquitos!
    * floating gas stations
    * experiencing what dry Amazonas means. On the way back to Manaus we went by a smaller river and sometimes almost didn't pass as the water level was so low!! (on the pictures you can see where the water normally reaches). Soon the water level will rise again as rain season is about to start. Last time it was this dry was 10 years ago!
    * conclusion: super english speaking guide, great staff & food, interesting tours, 3 days of peace but less wildlife spotted as imagined as we all had a very different idea of the Amazonas!!
    Leggi altro