Satellite
  • Day 13

    Cervantes - day 2

    June 1, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    It was decided to do a bit of a trip on this day.
    Elvira and I joined with the others, in there car, to do a bit of a trip further north, to visit Stockyard Gully and caves. And thank goodness we decided to all go in 1 car, with that car being Fab's one. If we had gone in our car, I think we would still be out there, negotiating the track - very slowly!!
    Drove up through Jurien and Greenhead, and then turned off to Stockyard Gully - an old area where the old cattle drovers would rest up and get some shade and some water, possibly. Part of the road in was a good gravel road, which then turned into a bumpy track. 4WD was needed, but did not need to lower tire pressures.
    After arrival, we took some lunch down the short walk to the caves. Had lunch at the cave entrance. Nice cool area, compared to it being fairly hot outside.
    Then, a walk of about 400 metres through the cave. A bigger cave than I anticipated, and very interesting. When the rains arrive and the rivers start flowing, the caves are totally full with water flowing through them, but when we were there, there was not a skerrick of water around - very dry and hot.
    After the caves, we exited the area via another longer and rougher track. Quite bumpy and rocky. Hope the car was ok afterwards. And as I mentioned, thank goodness we did not have our car out there.
    on the way back to Cervantes, we called in to look at a couple of places - Leeman, Greehead. Had tea and coffee in Greenhead, at a nice spot near the front.
    Had a bit of a beach drive with the car.
    Back in Cervantes for yet another great sunset.
    Another shared dinner, followed by a belated birthday celebration for Mel - some yummy cheese cake for the occasion.
    Another quiet night.
    Read more