Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Cervantes - day 3

    June 2, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    A good day in Cervantes.
    Fabs cooked pancakes for brekky, which was our second brekky for the day, but all very yummy.
    Just kicked around the park for the morning, until we headed over to the Lobster Shack for lunch. The Lobster Shack is an institution in Cervantes. And when we got there, it seemed that everyone from miles around had flocked there for lunch. It was heaving at the seams, but Fabs managed to find us a table on the front verandah area, with a view of the beach and ocean.
    We all had a good lunch there, despite having to wait exactly 1 hour for the food to arrive.
    Then, there was a rush to get to the Cervantes Country Club, to watch the footy. Eagles playing against the Western Bulldogs. The Country club was the scene of where we watched the mighty Eagles win the premiership, last year in September.
    Anyway, the Eagles had an easy win. We exited the club after the game and it was already dark outside - winter evenings are creeping in.
    Julia and Cynthia were organising supper for us today. They organised a menu, picked the items at the shop, and then did all the cooking and serving to the rest of us. This all happened in the camp kitchen, which has great facilities for doing this sort of thing. We ended up being served a 3 course meal, which was all very yummy. Well done to Julia and Cynthia.
    Read more