Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 49

    Day 36: Hinojosa to Monterrubio

    11. Juni 2023 in Spanien ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Day 36, from Hinojosa del Duque to Monterrubio de la Serena, 20.9km.
    Anyone familiar with this stage will know that it's approximately 32km long. My darling would never have been able to walk such a distance, so I opted to shorten the stage by taking a taxi for the first part of the journey. There are three points on this stage that are accessible by car, and our taxi driver dropped us off at the first one this morning.
    All in all, it was a good stage, with pleasant paths and very little change in altitude.
    After 3km, we came to a disused building on the railway line, which is not disused. A little further on, we crossed the Río Zújar without taking off our shoes. After several gates, we stopped at the chapel of Nuestra Señora de Gracia de las Alcantarillas.
    From the chapel, the official Camino follows the carretera EX-211 for almost 9km. The Badajoz Jacobea association had sent me directions for an alternative route that avoids this main road, taking dirt tracks and then a small secondary road. This alternative adds 1km to the total, but is more pleasant.
    We noted that we left Andalusia shortly after the chapel, and are now walking in Extremadura.
    Today was the feast of Corpus Christi. We arrived too late to see the procession, but we were able to see the remains of the decorations.
    The storks were able to follow the festivities from the top of the bell tower.
    Weiterlesen