Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Exmouth

    23 de maio de 2022, Austrália ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    The next bucket list item is to swim with a whale shark. ✅. We swam with two sharks one about 7mtrs and one slightly larger. The day started with a reef snorkel. The array of fish was stunning. When you entered the water you were greeted by a large school of brilliant little blue fish, then the reef unfolded with large clams, green parrots complete with cleaner fish, angel, clown and even a little leopard shark. After the swim we headed out side the reef to find the whale sharks. The swells were big at 3mtrs but we continued.

    When a whale shark was spotted you exited off the back of the boat and waited for the whale shark to swim past. The rules were to stay at least 3mths from the shark be behind its petrel fin as you swam with it. They forgot to tell the shark. As you scramble to get out of its way. I can confirm they are tawny coloured with spots have big mouths and have lots of little fish swimming in their faces. They are AWESOME. But swim to fast for me to keep up. You are then picked up by the boat again and redeposited back in the sharks path. We went with the Three Island tour and would highly recommend.

    Exmouth North West Cape where the Indian Ocean meets the pacific. And waves crash over the reef, stunning coastline. The grounding of the SS Mildura and the loss of 500 head of cattle brought about the construction of the lighthouse in 1907. The lighthouse is now replaced with a light on tower 2 of the VLF (very low frequency) station.

    The VLF communication station containing 13 towers is named after Harold E Holt , for the communication with submarines. Originally build for the US the town still has a baseball diamond, a drive in movie theatre and American street names.

    Running along side is the Cape Range with George knife gorge and Shothole canyon.
    Leia mais