Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Moree

    January 10, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 36 °C

    Today, we moved on to Moree staying at the Moree Showgrounds. We made a short stop at Warialda to have a look around and grab a coffee😀. Love these old country towns, people are so friendly and they ooze history. The Court House was built in 1882. Next was Gravesend, this name rang a bell but I don't know why, town was a little bit like it's name and a bit unloved. We arrived at Moree, which is known as the Artesian capital, which also has the largest pecan nut producer in the southern hemisphere and is a big cotton growing area.
    This afternoon, we visited the Aquatic centre for a swim in the Artesian thermal pools. We were surprised at how hot the pool was, about 37 degrees, 10 minutes in, and then cool off and get back in. Bruce agreed that I looked 10 years younger afterwards, so I might go back for another dose tomorrow. Discover day in Moree. Very pretty town. They have olive trees on their medium strips and grape vines in pergolas around town. The showgrounds entrance is a row of lemon trees, quite gourmet. Checked out all the historic buildings and the murals. Moree has a lot of green space, particularly along the river, where you can follow it for kilometres. They even have a pub with DC3 attached that you can walk through. Love the ingenuity in the Outback. Day of rest here today while we deal with Mega. Mega had surgery in Toowoomba on 3rd January to remove a foreign object (possibly grass seed) from his neck, which had swollen up the size of a cricket ball. The surgery failed to find the object, and a drain was inserted in the hope that it would find its own way out. The drain was removed after 3 days, and stitches were due out today. Yesterday I noticed another hard swelling very near the surgical site and took him to the vet here in Moree where he had his stitches removed only to have to have it done again today in hope of finding the elusive object.
    Well, it is now 3.30, and Mega is home safely. The elusive object has been found, thankfully. we were thinking that it was a grass seed, but it is massive, and I have no idea how it wasn't found the first time. Hopefully, it will be onwards and upwards for Mega now 💓
    ,
    Read more