Satellite
  • Day 4

    Monday, April 15 in Playa Del Carmen

    April 15, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    Another relaxing day in Playa. We slept in and had breakfast in Pelicanos again. We hit the hotel gym for a very hard workout. Now time to hit the pool and relax, read, sleep, whatever....

    The day is mostly overcast. The weather app called for rain, but so far nothing.

    The resort had a Mezcal tasting that Lisa and I thought would be irresponsible for us to skip. So we learned a little bit about Tequila's older brother, Mezcal. Who knew there were over 140 different types of agave (although not all are good for making spirits)? And who knew that some of these plants need to live to be 25-30 years old to actually make Mezcal? While the education was helpful, neither Lisa nor I were ready to splurge on a bottle after the tasting. Off to dinner...

    For dinner, we tried a local restaurant, Los Aguachiles. This was also recommended by our driver. Unfortunately, this restaurant was nothing special. Lisa had a shrimp taco and I had dynamite shrimp (which were very similar to Bang Bang Shrimp). Can't win them all!!! After dinner, we strolled along 5th Avenue some more. Lisa found some silver earrings with the Aztec calendar, and I bought two t-shirts. Then we picked up a coffee beverage and headed back to the hotel. We are taking a tour tomorrow to Chitzen Itza and other local attractions. Bus leaves at 7:00 so we can't stay up too late.
    Read more