Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Canakkale

    March 8, 2020 in Turkey ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Gallipoli Tour - Canakkale

    Today we travelled 315km southwest to visit the battlefields of Gallipoli. A totally moving experience that was. We visited Kabatepe Museum, Ari Burnu Cemetery, Anzac Cove, Beach Cemetery, Shrapnel Valley and Plugge’s Plateau. We felt very special to see all the sites of the battlefields and those very young innocent lads who gave their lives for our country. The last stop had a huge crowd and many many buses of Muslim woman for International woman's day celebration. We caught a ferry from Europe to Asia side for the remainder of the trip. When we arrived at the hotel, we were given a very smelly room that we later exchanged Buffet dinner with floor-show that evening being The International women's day.

    Troia Tusan Hotel Canakkale

    CANAKKALE
    Canakkale is a city in northwestern Turkey in the Marmara region, on the Dardanelles Strait. It’s a gateway to the Gallipoli WWI battlefields, north of the narrow strait. On the grounds of the 15th-century Çimenlik Castle, Çanakkale Naval Museum Command contains historical artillery. The archaeological site at Troy, including an ancient theater, is southwest of the city.
    Çanakkale Archaeological Museum, in the south of the city, contains headstones, tablets and other artifacts uncovered at the many archaeological sites in the region. Near the waterfront, the Çanakkale City Museum and Archive focuses on local cultural life during and since Ottoman times. The nearby 5-story clock tower anchors the central neighborhood of cobblestoned streets. Along the waterfront, a modern wooden Trojan Horse, from the 2004 movie “Troy,” commemorates the area’s mythological history.
    Read more