Satellite
  • Day 23

    Cheeseburger

    July 12, 2016 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We woke up late after the night out. We all showered and went back to city center to finish our other self guided tour.

    We started in the Puerta Del Sol square where we saw the Clock of Casa de Correos (which rings in the new year) before heading up the famous Calle Arenal Streeet. On this street, we ate at the San Ginés Chocolate Bar next to the Monastery San Ginés - they serve quite literally the BEST CHOCOLATE CON CHURROS I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. NO LIE. if you are ever in Madrid... Go here.

    After eating as much chocolate as we could manage (ie. A lot) we wandered past a few places great for photo ops. There was the Monastery of the Incarceration, Plaza de Oriente behind the Royal Opera House and the Royal Palace and Gardens. Afterwards came the La Almudena Cathedral, which was closed today, and the Plaza de la Villa square, which wasn't. We then stumbled into the Church of San Miguel (which was super creepy) before ending at the Plaza Mayor square, which housed fat superman.

    We met our Australian friend for a late dinner. I ordered pesto salad & it was probably the best food I've eaten so far haha. We are looking forward to seeing phoebe again when she comes to Montreal at the end of September.

    We went back to Keri's where we just hung out, ate food & watched some TV because we had an early flight to catch the next morning.

    Breanna & I ended up staying up until 4:00am because I was trying to like all her pictures on instagram (until it locked me out). I now know her whole family, & what she got for Christmas every year since 2013.

    I didn't even end up sleeping because it was TOOOOO hot.
    Read more