Satellite
  • Day 20

    It's all part of the experience

    June 12, 2017 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    My motto of the trip, expensive food? Delayed flight? Getting lost? Loud people on a bus? Losing travel tickets? Ruining a washing machine? Eating horrible cheese? Walking in the rain? It's all part of the experience. It sometimes sucks in moment but it often turns out to be some of the funniest memories to look back on.

    So 7 countries, 5 flights, 2 trains, 2 overnight buses, 2 ferry rides, public transport, 5 Airbnb, 2 hostels, 1 hotel, Europe 2017 has officially come to a close.

    As I'm sitting on the plane, about an hour out from Montreal, I think back on everything I got to do, all the culture I got to experience and the laughs we had, I'm truly grateful to be able to travel. Traveling opens your eyes and opens your heart a little more each time. It teaches you so much about yourself, how you handle problem solving, finding out your weaknesses and strengths, learning to share such a small space with someone, learning how to deal with change and mostly learning what you love and what you hate. It gives you a chance to try new things you would never do at home and teaches you how to be spontaneous. It makes you realize how small you really are but also how much of an impact you can have on the world. Life is too short to sweat to small stuff, so if you want to do something just do it. Go all in. Backpacking the Scandinavian has been a dream of mine and I can't believe I actually got to make it come true.. and I'm so happy I got to do this with my sister. We're both coming back alive and surprisingly didn't fight (that much hahah) We successfully did 3 weeks with under 10kg of luggage and never having to pay for a checked bag (for anyone who backpacks, knows the feeling haha 🎉)

    This trip for me, marked the beginning of adulthood... tomorrow I start my actual CAREER, not just a job but a real adult job.... Thursday, I graduate from Nursing and in the fall I'll start at McGill...

    But this won't be the end of my travels...

    Where to next? Stay tuned 😉
    Read more