Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 34

    Whatuwhiwi - Karikari Peninsula

    29 december 2023, Nya Zeeland ⋅ 🌧 21 °C

    After a very peaceful night, we woke up to some beautiful cafe quality coffees before heading for a brief sail along the peninsula. We returned to the bay where we stopped briefly last night, and found it s much more comfortable anchorage with less swell and a better wind direction.

    Nathan and Daniel went for a dive, with Nathan M and Jenny snorkeling nearby and Jamie mothering the group from the dinghy. After a pretty quiet start, as we all neared the point the water came to life with fish of all different varieties. 2-spot Demezel, Koheru, Snapper, Red Moki, Butterfish, and even a school of Kingfish. Daniel managed to put a shaft through a nice Kingfish, much to everyone's excitement!

    Wanting to contribute, Nathan ducked back into the water and found a brace of beautiful butterfish to add to the haul. Both Nathan and Daniel also shot a Koheru each, rumored to make delicious sashimi (and proven to be true!)

    The afternoon was spent dealing to the fish, and a finding some neighbors to deliver some fresh Kingfish to as well as some paddleboarding and swimming. For dinner, Daniel cooked up the Butterfish and Kingfish for some wraps.

    We were treated with a gorgeous sunset, and we all know "red at night, shepherds delight", so fingers crossed for an awesome day tomorrow!
    Läs mer