Satellite
  • Day 37

    Vicchio village fest

    September 1, 2016 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    On our way back from the beach(it felt so beachy by the lake) we decided to stop for dinner in local restaurant, so our first pick was most-rated-tripadvisor restaurant/store, which sells local goods such as olive oil, pasta, prosciutto, tartufata and cheese. The dinner was sadly closed, but at least we got the beautiful view over Vecchio bridge.

    We said we'll try our luck in the center of town and boy we hit the jackpot. It's apparently the beginning of local festival with music and everything! Sort of farm market meets fair kinda vibe. There were calves in a barn, pigeons in a cage, old tractor machines displayed and down the street was some sort of garage sale going on, where kids were selling their old toys and clothes.

    Ok, we were going by pretty fast until we discovered our place, food court. And the best of all, they served only local products! What a treat. When our stomachs were happy, we strolled around a while longer(as it turned out this fair is not small, at all) and ofcourse we had to buy ourselves a little treat-local salami and sheep cheese. Victory!
    Read more