Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 16

    Hluehluwe

    20 Januari 2023, Afrika Selatan ⋅ ☁️ 34 °C

    It's the last day in Africa before I have to make. The long journey home.
    Sometimes you have to keep a promise and today is one of those days. "The Beach" I promised to Lindani that I would have a beach day. But first in the morning I have to complete a few things .The look on his face doesn't look that happy.......lol
    We drop Thabiso of at the bus stop do he can make his way home with a plan for the future.
    Then it's time to sort out all the clothes for the children from our Gift4Christmas campaign. Each year at the CoCos Foundation through amazing donations from donors. We make our way to Mduku in the southern area where we work and to Mdinwa school. The child in this area have so many challenges and because of this we nearly always visit this school for the Clothes4Clothes donations.
    We meet Musa our south area coordinator at the school and he has arranged for 11 children to be taken by mini bus to the local shops. For some of them it is their first visit and the first time they have traveled in a mini bus.
    We arrive at the shops and they look a little nervous. But take control whilst Lindani announces that he is going to his favourite Barbers for a hair cut. (Well his favourite barbers in South Africa) Nkosie meets Abraham the now friend that owns the shop where we buy all the uniforms from and they all start the process of sorting out the children's school uniform. For Lindani this is a first. The opportunity to be able to see all his hard work back in the UK collecting the clothes and sorting them and then seeing them been eBay. The result of all that is eleven little smiley face.........
    The second promise was to take Lindani's mum out for a meal at the Fig Tree. So back to Hluehluwe we go and I get a great opportunity to check in with Lindani's mum to see she is happy about the plans for his future. I see where he get his big smile from and happy attitude. She one of those ladies that is beautifully from the inside out and the outside in.
    The beach, there never seems enough time to go there. It's one of the best in the world yet when I'm in Sodwana bay there is always so much to do.
    But with Lindani drag me down there at the end of the day before I fly back to the UK 🇬🇧 I am so grateful.
    Nkosie looks after our stuff whilst we dive into the sea 🌊
    Baca lagi