Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 8

    Breakfast Club at Mdnwima

    20 April 2023, Afrika Selatan ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    When you write a blog at the end of a day you have the fortune of looking back on the whole day.
    The day starts at 5am early early. ready to take the volunteers to the Breakfast club at Mndiwa school. The journey down is a little quieter than normal as the volunteers catch up on some sleep.
    As we enter the school gates Musa our ground worker is there waiting for us. We park the car under the tree and make our way to the ladies that are mixing the porridge.
    This school is a special place for us as it's the first place we started our feeding program and thousands of children have benefited from that one meal a day.
    Stand with the children as they sift into school and make their way over to the ladies to collect their bowl is very humbling.
    I notice Jade one of the volunteers has a tear rolling down her cheek. So walk over and whisper in her ear. Walk with me. Often Volunteers get up set for many reason on a trip with what they see or hear. But a walk and a chat often puts things in prospective.
    After the Breakfast Club we are off to paint a house that wasn't done in 2020 for the Girl Guides. The first challenge of the day is there is no water. So Nkosie chats to the two now teenage boys and asks where we can get water from. They respond saying about 10mins away in a local pond. So a few of us crab some buckets and of we March following the Boys in a line like the 7 dwarfs. Hi Ho hi Ho it's of to work we go..........
    20 mins later I realise this is an African 10 minutes. Jane keeps letting us know how far it is has her watch tracks everything...lol
    We finally get there and the boys wade in and fill up the buckets 🪣 Now for the walk home this is going to hurt. But then you realise your doing this once they do this every day twice a day. So shut up Chris and crack on ....🙄
    The team really know what they are doing now and crack on.
    Baca selengkapnya