Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 244

    Everest Basecamp Trek (8)

    October 30, 2022 in Nepal ⋅ 🌙 -9 °C

    Day 8 - THE best and most exiting day
    Lobuche - Gorak Shep - Everest Basecamp - Gorak Shep - Kala Phatter - Gorak Shep

    16km
    940hm/

    When I think about this day I am indescribable happy and grateful. Many people suffer in high altitude, have altitude sickness, need to turn around or can’t enjoy the views at all. I felt sooo good on this day and had no problems at all.
    Honestly, EBC itself sucks - a lot of people who just wanna have THE perfect shot of themself, staying in a line to climb up the rock and (dumme Kommentare). BUT the trail to EBC and the views are stunning, especially the view to the Khumbu icefall.
    We decided to hike up Kala Patthar in the afternoon for sunset - 5.617m. And we made it. New record for me in terms of my highest peak and highest altitude so far.
    After sunset on our way down we were kind of lucky and could see how a massive avalanche from Nuptse rolled down into the direction to EBC. The whole valley was white. Our guide hadn’t seen such a big avalanche in his life. Crazy, shocking and fascinating in the same time. We made it safe back to our guesthouse in Gorak Shep.

    Due to the high altitude there is almost no water anymore in Gorak Shep. The sherpas need around 15-20min to fill up an (Kanister). First time I needed to buy bottled water (450RP/3,60€).
    Read more