Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Livingston to Rio Dulce

    February 16, 2023 in Guatemala ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    ... uncertainty in the morning but after a coffee in the hammock - the way every day actually should start 😁 - we decided to go for a chocolate tour, which was definitely the right decision ... IF you ever go to Livingston do the cacao tour with Ninet - you need to understand Spanish though or at least one of you ...

    ... we got an extended tour through the garden with plenty of different fruit trees, which was already nice by its own ... and than straight into chocolate making - a skill every human being should possess 🤪 -
    We checked the different trees, got the beans, skipped the fermentation since we didn't have 2 weeks to stay and went straight to the roasting and grinding - well and eating and drinking 😁 - after we squeezed the chocolate paste a couple of times through the press we got a nice sick paste which would go to the fridge and become a chocolate bar ...

    ... after that successful morning we took our boat back in direction to Rio Dulce and spend another night in the mangroves surrounded by the sounds of nature and boat engines roaring all night long as if we were sleeping just next to a highway ...

    ... but food and accommodation was nice and we managed to finish another strenuous workout session ...
    Read more