Satellite
  • Day 2

    off we go!

    July 1, 2019 in Russia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    The alarm clock went off at 4:30am. Waaaay too early - but if it is for catching a plane, nothing is too early. My parents picked me up first, then my big brother, he would take care of the car after dropping us off. We changed to the train in Bern and had coffee and croissant during the journey. Traveling to the airport is such a good thing. In Zurich we quickly got rid of the luggage (I had 10.5kg, my mum 22kg - now I am seriously wondering. But firstly she has my sleeping bag and secondly, if I have forgotten something, I am quite positive that mum will have thought of it.) After security my mum missed her cellphone. Uiuiui. A little bit panic at the aeroport. We quickly figured out that dad didn’t take it out of the basket because he didn’t know it was in there and he couldn’t have seen it not knowing. Anyway, we found it under a pile of other baskets and we were all happy again. The flight was delayed but we had some wind support so we arrived on time in St. Petersburg. Security was unspectacular and we were out quickly but no one in sight to pick us up. There was actually a guy waiting for a Sonia I dont remember how and then somehow that same guy after maybe 15-20min looked up his sheets, fumbled around and changed them for Mueller. Hahaha, very funny. We arrived at the (yes, I know) SwissStar Hotel, a very little, very cute Hotel run by a Russian Woman speaking very well German. After a change of clothes we started walking and we were surprised by the lovely weather and the nice temperatures. And what a beauty that city is. We had some russian sweets, a drink on a boat and a wonderful diner with dishes that were delicious but I forgot the names already and it is just wonderful!
    Oh and yes, I agree, concerning the selfie, there is potential for improving especially in not cutting half my dads head out.
    Read more