Satellite
  • Day 3

    peterhof - human craziness

    July 2, 2019 in Russia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We started our day at 10 with Nadia picking us up. She is a beautiful, lovely woman from Saint Petersburg and we are lucky to have her as our guide for the next three days. We first took the Metro, the subway, the tickets are coins, I like that. You could, if wanted, stay at the Metro the whole day with a single coin. Then we continued by bus to Peterhof. It is a beautiful palace with a big garden. And a lot of other tourists. I mean really a lot. There was a long queue and since we are a small group, Nadia asked if we could overtake them and be faster then the bigger groups. We were allowed but that was not at all appreciated by some. Then we had to wait as well to give the backpack to the locker room. I don’t know but I think everyone would organize that differently. Bit it wasn’t so the line was long with people going the same way, four times in total, to get rid of the bag and to get it back. It was so crowded. Uiuiuiui, I think while waiting you can see the true character of people. At some point there was a guy that said out loud ‘now it is enough’ and just pushed forward. As if that makes it going faster. At least there was no panic and luckily most people are patient. The palace itself was beautiful, incredible what they built and rebuilt, since the whole building was distroyed after WWII. After the visit we went through the garden and then back to the city by Tragflügelboat, a boat that if it is fast gets somehow out of the water. We were really lucky with the weather since they announced rain but we had sun. So after saying byebye to Nadia we went for a coffee in a lovely café and then we took the Metro to Begovaya. Irina, our host told us that there is a beach where people from the city go to to relax. So we went there, enjoyed a walk at the seaside and crossed a pedestrian bridge to the new Gazprom Stadium of Zenit Saint Petersburg (we think). We crossed another park and then we were at an attraction parks. There were some attractions and some nope-attraction. Really, one was a Kettenkarussell like they have in Vienna just way worse. So nope. We enjoyed another coffee and some icecream and watched the nope-attraction in the evening sun. We headed back to the Metro station near our hotel and had diner at Teremok, a fastfood company with Russian food, recommened by Nadia. It was nice but not comparable to yesterday. Yesterdays food was yammy, I want to go there again. Tomorrow the Ermitage awaits us together with a whole lot of tourists, I am looking forward to it - and I mean it, observing human behavior when a situation is unpleasant but purely harmless is golden.
    Oh and no selfie today. We are just failing completely at that but it is big fun and they are so funny. I try to convince my parents that I can post them here.
    Read more