Satellite
  • Day 5

    Heathrow Airport

    October 17, 2015 in England ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Nǐ hǎo! Nǐ hǎo ma! ( Hello, How are you )
    So The night before my departure day , i did not sleep well at all.
    I had China on my mind, I'm excited and nervous.
    So I'm hoping i can " hit the hay" on the plane towards Beijing. I think from memory it is about 11-12 hours.

    After an emotional goodbye being dropped off at Terminal 2 departures from my Mum and Aimee and my Grandma
    I venture off in to Terminal 2 by myself , this is a big deal for me.
    Its my first solo trip. Got a huge grin on my face!

    So it wasn't hard to find where our group in departures was based, luckily as it is huge! , i just looked for a sea of red t-shirts representing The British Heart Foundation and received a warm Welcome and recognised some faces from whom i had been chatting online to way before this departure date.
    After lots of hello's and smiles , we exchanged names and short brief introductions.
    Which i sensed help a lot of people settle in and feel more comfortable seeing as the group was about 32, to describe it was like going back in time and attending school for your first day again. Everyone's nervous yet excited but you may not know anyone!
    Everyone went to the pub in the departure lounge for a bite to eat and a pint and to continue getting to know each other
    Flight number CA938 , Seat 37k.
    Bring on Beijing.
    Read more