Satellite
  • Day 13

    Beijing City Tour - Day 8

    October 25, 2015 in China ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We set off really early, to catch the early morning entertainment at The Temple of Heaven, this included checkers, dancing, yoga, working out and just simply relaxing, it was built for someone to go to be sociable, this place is popular on a weekend.
    Shortly after this location , we were taken too Tiananmen square , this was huge and very clean and pretty. I noticed and couldn't believe the amount of secret police and military standing around.
    Opposite Tiananmen Square is the Forbidden City, this is where high powered Chinese people lived.
    We walked observing all of the buildings and patterns.
    Had lunch inside the Forbidden Kingdom all together which was very delicious.
    At the end of this tour , we decided to take an alternative route to the exit to walk through the Imperial's Garden inside the Forbidden Kingdom , and I'm so glad we did!
    After a short Transfer we went to The Pearl market in BEIJING,
    This was an experience i will never forget , was keen on a pair of jeans ,
    but asked for a shorter leg length and was handed them, and requested where are the changing rooms, she pointed to me where i was standing, they don't have changing rooms, well i whipped off my bottoms leaving me in my boxers and tried on the Jeans, they were far too long, standing there for 20 mins in my boxers trying to explain i needed a shorter length. But then got told that length is standard and then we amend it to via a tailor. i didn't have time to do all of this.
    But everybody else done really well and got lots of bargains
    After Pearl Market we headed back home to our hotel , freshened up and headed out to our last night celebration / farewell dinner together.
    The food didn't stop coming , it was delicious but the amounts was generous.
    My favourite was the Peking Duck , they brought the crispy duck in to you and carved it there and then.

    A really nice gesture and end to the trip from Charity Challenge was that we were supposed to get medals for completing this challenge, but British Heart Foundation decided to not bother and put more money in to their fund.
    So we received Jade bracelets with a unique personal message from our Tour Leader. AMAZING and totally un-expected.
    Ive already asked for a list of what tours she will be doing in the future.
    Jade is unique and popular in China. it was very emotional and touching.
    Waving the guys off in the morning . Then my over night train at 5pm tomorrow.
    Read more