Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Ravenscar

    June 7, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Three days on a Certified Location site at Ravnescar high on the cliffs. This is the end point for the Lyke Wake Walk which starts at Osmotherley - one of our previous stop overs. Did not see any weary walkers finishing the 42 mile journey, but we walked down to Robin Hoods Bay, another beautiful harbour and bay on this coastline. RHB the best of all in our opinion.
    The old Alum works at Peak hill provided the background for Steve's book, and the weather confirmed the atmosphered described therein.
    Ravenscar is high, and the walk back on the old railway was a gradual incline - until the end when we broke off to go on the road which was very steep. K rested and I carried on to light bbq, at which point temperatures dropped and it almost became a joyless experience.
    Cycled National Trail 1 from Ravenscar to Scarborough along old railway (Cinder Path) and enjoyed an afternoon at this seaside town. Visited the Castle (EH) high above the town - very interesting.
    Temperatures still low and sea fret firmly in control - we decided to abandon plans for Harrogate and head south as soon as we could.
    Read more