Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Latitude Day 2

    July 13, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    The first full day at the festival started with a visit to the comedy tent where QI were doing a live show - very funny great start to the day.
    Met up with our very dear friends from Chandlers Ford. So lovely to meet up and we had a quick catch up before going our separate ways.
    The food section had bread making (real bread obviously - not your supermarket stuff you understand) which was interesting.
    Watched a couple of Sadler's Wells dance routines on the Waterside Stage - excellent.
    Tried to get into a preview of Suffrageddon which is a new show in the Hamilton mould destined for the big stage but was full so took our chance on The Flight an immersive sound experience which was very good.
    Fitted in a viewing of an excerpt from the all male Swan Lake production - brilliant.
    Watched a Birmingham Repertory show entilted Pop Music which was based around a couple at a wedding re-aquainting themselves after many years - the story written around some of the great dance and disco music of the last 30 years - only three performers - it was funny, emotional and brilliantly performed.
    Even managed a bit of music - La Femme sounded good. Caught the end of the Charlatans. Naaz on the Sunrise Stage had a great support and rapturous reception.
    Checked out before Solange came on stage - rumours were rife that Beyonce was going to appear but we will never know.
    Opened a bottle of fizz when back at Hazel as we finally had a tenant move into our house today - a cause for celebration.
    Read more