Satellite
  • Day 272

    Marlborough wine tasting territory.

    February 20, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    We drove the short journey from Smiths Farm Holiday Park to Blenheim, stopping twice en route. The first stop was at the Vines Craft village, where there was the most amazing quilting shop. Needless to say Karen spent ages in there, and came out having bought a kit to make a memories of NZ panel, featuring wildlife and scenery of the island. Another project to be added to the pile!!!!! Next stop a boutique chocolate factory, where we tasted and bought very expensive chocolate. Then onto our campsite for the night, the closest we could find to the winery we had booked into.
    We decided to take a taxi to Brancott Estate winery, as we were going to have a glass or two, it being Karen's 60th birthday celebration meal out. We were not disappointed!!!! Kim looked after us at the winery, spending 50 minutes talking about the vineyard, it's history and the variety of grapes growing there. In between we tasted 6 different wines, all very good. We had booked a meal there in the restaurant which overlooks the Marlborough valleys - absolutely stunning views. Our meal was excellent, all washed down with glasses of very good wine.
    A fabulous day out!!
    Read more