Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 460

    Walthamstow

    August 27, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We travelled back to Walthamstow to assist Stewart and Emily with Grand parenting duties whilst they were at work.
    On Wednesday we took M and J to Legoland at Windsor, a most enjoyable day if you like queuing, which M and J did not seem to mind at all. The weather was fantastic and we were able to spend a full 7 hours there. Magnus greatly enjoyed the rides particularly the submarine adventure to Atlantis, Jemima was also very excited by the sharks in the underwater scene. Karen greatly enjoyed the fairy tale boat ride which she enjoyed every bit as much as the children. Two tired children on our return in the evening.
    On Thursday we had a day in the city. We enjoyed our walk along the south bank and through the royal parks - St James', Green Park and Hyde Park - before meandering down Oxford Street (obligatory 15 minute stop at M and S) to BBC Television Centre where Stewart gave us a quick guided tour of the building, news room, studios, etc.. Had a short chat to Kirsty Wark who was preparing for the night's show. Finished of with a great meal at Gokyuzu in Walthamstow. Two tired grand parents returned to base.
    Friday and Saturday saw us looking after M and J again as S and M travelled to a wedding, staying overnight in Oxford. Trips to park, high street and city farm, ice cream van etc..
    Sunday saw M and S return and we enjoyed an evening bbq in the garden
    Read more