Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 511

    Walthamstow

    October 17, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    We travelled back up here for a few days to help with Magnus and Jemima during school half term. The M25 was a complete nightmare as usual around the airport and then we heard that it had been closed in front of us. Our trip of 60 miles eventually took 4.25 hours (from Basingstoke where we had stopped to get new supplies on board - a new record.) On the plus side K was driving for the first time since her injury and the time behind the wheel has given her her confidence back. Arrived late in a squally rain shower.
    We spent some great time with Magnus and Jemima.
    On Saturday we stayed local, taking them into Walthamstow and the park to give Emily a break. Stewart was at work as Parliament was sitting to discuss brexit and he had a show to organise for the evening news spot.
    We enjoyed a family meal in the late evening on his return after the show.
    On Sunday we enjoyed family time with all the family together. K cooked a roast lunch whilst we had a brief walk around the Hackney marshes.
    On Monday we took the children on the tube and bus to Battersea Park and the childrens zoo. Magnus greatly enjoyed the animals and the childrens play ground. Jemima smiled the day through.
    On Tuesday we stayed in the area and hit the market on Walthamstow high street.
    On Wednesday we visited Greenwich and the Cutty Sark with the children. The undercroft beneath the keel in the dry dock had a band doing African drumming and the children made their own drum at the activity table. A great day out much enjoyed by all. Magnus was so interested in everything he saw and asked question after question!!!!! He diligently wrote a list of facts learned once back home.
    Read more