Satellite
  • Day 579

    Walthamstow

    December 24, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    We returned to Walthamstow so we could spend Christmas day with the family and our new grand daughter.
    On Christmas Eve we walked through the Lee Valley Park in cool winter sunshine and had a wander through Waltham Abbey.
    We enjoyed a wattsap conversation, in our evening, with Jamie and all the girls who had already been visited by Santa in Brisbane. Much joy over there. One envelope that had been opened over there disclosed that Jamie and Renee are expecting a new sister for Sophie and Samantha in early March. We can't wait to meet her.
    Stewart picked us up early on Christmas Day and we spent a brilliant day with everyone. The Millers - Clive and Rosie had travelled from Italy and Tim from South London to join the Macleans for a big family Christmas day lunch. Prior to lunch we took a wander to the village and Magnus was pleased to be able to pick up litter with the litter pickers Santa had left for him. Jemima stayed with Emily to look after Mary or, at the very least, her own interests.
    Christmas dinner was a triumph and enjoyed by all - well done to Stewart et al who beavered away whilst grandpa held the baby.
    There then followed the present opening session which brought the children great joy.
    We overnighted at Stew and Em's friends house 4 doors away - they were on their way to NZ - so we were all able to enjoy some festive wine. Stewart dealing out some of the more salacious media gossip added spice to the occasion.
    Alan and Clive spent some time discussing a little bike ride they hope to be able to do next May - not so little!!!! John O Groats to Lansend!!!!! They will both be training in the new year in order to manage the 1000 mile ride!!!!
    Read more