Satellite
  • Day 634

    Sydney

    February 17, 2020 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    On Monday we again took the metro and train into the city. We walked across the Sidney Harbour Bridge, but decided against the walk over the top (looked incredibly scary!). We then met up with our nephew William with his partner Sarah and their new son Angus. We met at the Australian Hotel, a traditional old pub above The Rocks, and enjoyed a couple of beers as we tucked into kangaroo, emu and crocodile pizzas. All very pleasant, and it was great to meet up with and have a cuddle with Angus. Afterwards we wandered down to Bangaroo to have a look at the new park that has been built on the headland. A nice day for Karen's birthday.
    Tuesday was spent on the site having a rest from all the walking - we read our books beside the site pool. In the evening we enjoyed a couple of beers with our site neighbors Bronwyn and Frank who own an Autotrail Delaware just like ours. They rent their appartment and have been travelling in Australia for 18 month. In a couple of months they will embark on a trip to Broome in the north west for the winter period.
    A spectacular thunder and lightning storm passed over head through the night and once again out tent performed perfectly.
    On Wednesday we took public transport to Coogee Beach and completed the cliff and coastal walk to Bondi beach. A wonderful walk with great views along the coast. There were many people also doing the walk in both directions. After a couple of hours on the beach enjoying the sunshine and surf we took the bus to Watsons Bay where we hoped to get the ferry back through the harbour to Circular Key. We had left it too late, so we returned to site by bus and train.
    In the evening we had a close encounter with the local wild life, Karen had read that Kookaburra often steal sausages from bbqs as they are meat eaters. We were tucking into a very nice steak when K turned her back for an instance, at which point a Kookaburra flew under our awning to make off with her steak. It all happened in a flash. We will be more careful next time!
    Read more