Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 762

    Bedale

    June 24, 2020 in England ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    A fabulous day and one which we had planned to spend in Redcar.
    We enjoyed a couple of hours in late morning with Karen's parents in their garden. Nicola and Claire joined us for a socially distanced alfresco lunch which we enjoyed in glorious sunshine.
    The garden was looking lovely and colourful, and the blackberry flowers were a great draw for the bees.
    In the afternoon we had arranged to meet Karen's school friend Gill who had travelled up to Redcar from Manchester to visit family. Driving through Redcar it was clear that the place was buzzing, it was the hottest day of the year and the seafront was rammed. Pacittos ice cream and the new Gabrielle's ice cream shops each had queues of about 50 customers socially distanced spread out along the pavement. Lots of people on the beach and in the sea - never seen the place so busy.
    We had arranged to meet with Gill at the cafe on The Stray as we can usually park the van there - it was impossible, not a place to be seen, cars everywhere. A left K with Gill and set off to find a placeto park up - after an hour of looking at all known locations I gave up and, found a spot some distance away in Marske where I sat in the sun to read my book.
    Karen meanwhile enjoyed a nice walk with Gill along the beach catching up on everything.
    We returned to Bedale in late afternoon, bottle of fizz in the freezer to help calm A's frustrations.
    Read more