Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 979

    Mosterton

    27 stycznia 2021, Anglia ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    We continued our daily regime for exercise by walking in the countryside around us. We drove to West Bay so we could walk westwards along the South West Coastal path to Golden Cap. This section also falls on the Monarch Way. The forecast was for low cloud which may lift for a short period. Setting off we could not see the tops of the cliffs in front of us as they were covered in low cloud, the day was still and the sea very calm. Some fishermen were setting up on the beach under West Cliff. The campsites at Eype were in fabulous locations overlooking the sea high up on the cliff top - obviously all were empty. As we walked along, far from clearing, the cloud appeared to get thicker, by the time we reached the top of the cliff at Thorncombe Beacon visibility was very poor so we decided to retreat to complete the whole walk another day.
    On Friday, we needed to visit Beaminster so we devised a short walk up to the top of the valley from there that would take us past Martin Clunes' farm. Leaving the village our way was barred by an impassable deep puddle on one of the lanes leading up the hill side - another walk curtailed.
    Czytaj więcej