Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 1.015

    Mosterton

    4. März 2021 in England ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    After a couple of quiet days of rain we had the opportunity to finish the Liberty Trail Walk as although overcast and cloudy the forecast for today predicted no rainfall.
    We drove to the car park at Coney's Castle and pitched off in the cloud southward towards Charmouth, crossing fields to Wootton Fitzpaine. From there we turned north westwards to follow a valley up to Stubbs Farm after which we turned southward to cross the A35 at Penn.
    We found an old log to sit on in the woods at Hole Common where we had our lunch. Emerging from the woods it was a short walk up to Dragons Hill where we effectively completed the Liberty Trail. We returned to Coney's Castle via a more direct route from Dragons Hill, crossing the Lyme Regis Golf Course once again then pitching northward through Hogchester farm to emerge at Wootton Fitzpaine once again. All to be followed by the inevitable slog up the hill at the end of another ten mile day.
    All in all, according to our pedometer, we covered a total of 87.7k (54,7m) and walked 118370 steps in completing the walk. It was a walk that took us through some beautiful countryside, as nice as any we have encountered, with rolling hills, and impressive ridge downs separating verdant green valleys. Along the way we were often accompanied by the sound of babbling brooks, birds singing their spring songs and the rattle of woodpeckers as they built their nests. We also witnessed the coming of Spring with emerging daffodils, crocus, snowdrops and primula in the hedge rows. A thoroughly good walk from start to finish.
    Weiterlesen